Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Totally Ticks Me Off Tuesday

Late Pizza Delivery!

So, when Pizza Hut gives me a delivery estimate, I usually don't expect them to stick to it. I expect my delivery within 30 minutes of that time though.

The other night (Thursday, actually), my husband was out of town, so I ordered pasta and chicken from Pizza hut for my daughter and I. I ordered at 5:42, hoping to get it by 6:30. The delivery estimate was 6:17. 6:17 came and went. 6:30 came and went. At 6:45 I put my daughter in her high chair and gave her cereal for dinner. I then called Pizza Hut.

I'm not sure what I expected - but I got no apologies, just an explanation that it was coming out of the oven and would be at my door within 15 minutes.

7:33. That's when they finally showed up. Almost 2 hours after I ordered. The delivery guy saw my daughter playing and started talking to her, about how she was going to get pizza and all that. I looked him square in the eye and said "Her dinner time was over a long time ago. She thought she was getting chicken, but it just didn't show up in time".

I then proceeded to give him a full tip. After all, it wasn't his fault they forgot my order.

3 comments:

  1. oh no they didn't
    I would have bitched til I got something in return, discounts or money off my order...that is NOT RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are FAR kinder than I my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would be ticked too. Usually they offer to comp the meal when they are that late. Maybe if you write a letter to corporate they will comp you a free pizza or something. How frustrating especially when you have a little one waiting.

    ReplyDelete